Given this title is a little out of the box, lets break this down… First, what’s a shared home?
- We’re a purpose built, five bedroom home (we call them suites) with an ultra focus on comfort.
- Each tenant has their own suite that includes the living / bedroom area, a full bathroom and it’s own heating and air-conditioning controls. Suites are approximately 225 square feet and can accommodate a queen bed, standard BR furniture and small sofa, chair or desk.
- Residents share the kitchen, living room, dining area, laundry, storage, outdoor patio, sauna, garden and 2 car garage.
- Internet, TV content, electric, water, indoor & outside maintenance, electric car charging, trash pickup and cleaning of the common areas twice a month are included.
- To compliment our “Climate Change Ready” home, we have an excellent outdoor taylor-made environment for growing food, flowers and relaxing.
What’s makes an Intentional Community?
- Contributors… Especially those that like the out doors..
- Eagerness… To participate in the camaraderie of growing food for themselves and others..
- Experts… We’ve got contributors helping out with years of experience with growing food.
- Mentors… Pass it on people are perfect for this world..
- Enthusiasm for harvesting and cooking fresh organic foods straight from the backyard that you helped grow..
- Young people. Once the Covid world departs, we’ll work in a few of our mature https://zummobike.com/ perfect attendees.
- Learning. We’ve been members of a CSA with an environmental tilt for a numbers of year. For those interested, once the Covid threat is gone, we’ll be glad to get you over for a few road trips.
What are the yields to you on the housing side?
- Cut costs,
- Forget home maintenance, taxes and utility bills,
- Have the opportunity to live in a comfort climate friendly home,
- Enjoy camaraderie,
- Tackle Covid driven loneliness,
- Experience shared and inspired cooking and
- Get outside, dig in the dirt and trade ideas and concepts with other participants..
Ideal Tenants must…
- Have “getting along” skills,
- Like the outdoors,
- Have a green thumb or wants to jump in and learn how to grow food,
- Have good credit,
- Possess health care insurance and
- Have minimally, $1500 per month in retirement or regular income.
- $1000 per month per suite.
- Al inclusive. You pay your cell phone and food bill!
What’s available and when…
- Suite 2: Ground floor suite with outside & inside entrance, natural light from the north and south, radiant heat in decorative concrete floors and two Ikea Pax built-ins.
- Suite 3: Third floor morning sun suite with windows on north, south and east walls, tubular light and towel warmer (during the winter months) in the bathroom, no carpet easy to maintain flooring and one 5′ Ikea Pax closet system.
- Suite 4: Third floor westerly facing suite with with natural light on 3 sides, tubular light in the bathroom, engineered flooring and one 5′ Ikea Pax closet system.
- Suite 5: Bright, fourth floor suite with east and westerly views, day-lit bathroom, kitchenette and real a special accent wall.
- Availability? At least a month or two after we’re finished with Covid 19… In the short term, if you would like to learn more, send me a text about your interest and background at 610-616-5430. We’ll follow-up.
- To learn just about everything about this house vai our FAQ’s, copy the following link into your browser:
Thank you for thinking through or recommending our world to someone that may really benefit from our flavor of shared, intentional housing…